Extech AUT80 Automotive Current Tester Kit, 80-Amp
The Extech ATU 80 automotive current tester checks up to 80 amps without breaking the circuit. Mini, ATC, and Maxi blade connectors plug into the fuse block. It features a measuring range of 80 amps/48 VDC (10 seconds, max) with 0.1 amp resolution and (±2 percent + 2 digits) accuracy. Results are displayed on a 3.5-digit LCD with bargraph.
- Turn the vehicle ignition OFF.
- Determine if the fixed maxi‐blade (7) or one of the adaptors (mini‐blade or ATC‐blade) will be used.
- If necessary, connect an adaptor (mini‐blade or ATC‐ blade) to the maxi‐blades by sliding the adaptor down over the maxi‐blades until it locks in place. Use caution as the blades can cause injury if mishandled.
- Remove the fuse from the vehicle’s fuse block for the circuit under test.
- Plug the test blades into the fuse box (where the fuse was removed).
- If maxi‐blade fuses are being used, insert the removed maxi‐blade fuse into the fuse jack (6) on the tester cable.
- If a mini‐blade or ATC‐blade adaptor was used, insert the shorting plug blade into the fuse jack (6) on the tester cable. The shorting plug is the supplied amber color plug.
- Before continuing please note that tests should be limited to a 10 second period. Longer tests could damage meter.
- Press the meter’s Power button (3) to switch it ON.
- Press the ZERO button (5) to zero the displayed reading.
- Power the circuit under test up to 10 seconds only and read the measured DC current on the LCD bargraph and display digits (1).
- Press the HOLD/PEAK button (4) momentarily to freeze the displayed reading (the HOLD icon will appear). Press HOLD/PEAK again to exit (HOLD icon switches OFF).
- Press and hold the HOLD/PEAK button to place the meter in PEAK mode (the meter captures the quick in‐rush current peak). The PEAK icon will appear. Press and hold the HOLD/PEAK button again to return to the normal operating mode (PEAK icon switches OFF). Note that the HOLD and PEAK modes can operate simultaneously.
- When finished press Power (3) to switch the meter OFF.
- WARNING! The fuse blades may become hot during testing. Allow to cool before removing. Do not test > 10 seconds