EXTECH AUT35 Universal 30A Current Tester
EXTECH AUT35 Operating Instructions
- Determine connection type: blades (7) or alligator clamps (8).
- Connect the desired test cable to the meter’s banana jack connector cable (6), red to red, black to black.
- Turn the vehicle ignition OFF.
- If testing through the vehicle fuse box: a. Remove the fuse for the circuit under test; b. Plug the blade (7) into the fuse box (where the fuse was removed); and c. Insert the removed fuse into the fuse jack on the measurement cable (9).
- If using alligator clamps connect the black clamp onto a good ground and connect red clamp to the positive test point.
- Before continuing please note that tests should be limited to a 10 second period. Longer tests could damage the meter.
- Press the meter’s Power button (5) to switch it ON.
- Press the ZERO button (3) to zero the displayed reading.
- Power the circuit under test up to 10 seconds only and read the LCD bargraph (1) and the display digits (2) for the measured DC current.
- Use the HOLD button (4) to freeze the displayed reading.
- When finished press Power to switch the meter OFF.
- WARNING! The Fuse blades or Alligator clamp may become hot during testing. Allow to cool before removing. Do not test > 10 seconds.
- To replace the battery, remove the screw from the back of the unit and remove the cover.
- Insert or replace the 9V battery (observe polarity).
- Replace the battery cover. Never dispose of used batteries or rechargeable batteries in household waste. As consumers, users are legally required to take used batteries to appropriate collection sites, the retail store where the batteries were purchased, or wherever batteries are sold.
Do not dispose of this instrument in household waste. The user is obligated to take end‐of‐life devices to a designated collection point for the disposal of electrical and electronic equipment.