Extech Model AUT30
Extech AUT 30 Features • Large digit LCD display • For use on standard ATC blade size fuse circuits (AUT30) or mini‐blade size fuse circuits (AUT30M) • Measuring range to 30A/48VDC (10 sec. test time max.)
Automotive 30A Current Testers
Extech AUT30 Operating Instructions
- With the vehicle ignition OFF, remove the fuse from the circuit to be tested and set it aside.
- Insert the meter’s fuse blades (3) into the jack from where the fuse was removed.
- Insert the removed fuse into the meter’s fuse jack (4).
- Press the meter’s On/Off button (2)
- Operate the circuit under test for up to 10 seconds only; the LCD (1) will display the measured current.
- When finished press the On/Off button to turn off the tester.
- WARNING! The Fuse blade may become hot during testing. Allow to cool before removing. Do not test > 10 seconds.
Extech AUT30 BATTERY INSTALLATION
- To replace the battery, remove the screw from the back of the unit and remove the cover.
- Insert one 12V ‘A23G’ battery (observe polarity).
- Replace the battery cover NOTE: If the meter does not work properly, check the battery to ensure that it’s fresh and properly inserted. Battery Safety Never dispose of batteries in a fire; batteries may explode or leak. CAUTION: Do not attempt to repair this unit. There are no user serviceable parts. Do not expose unit to extreme temperatures/high humidity Do not use the unit if it is wet or damaged Do not apply more than the rated voltage between the probe tip and ground. Do not operate with the case open
Never dispose of used batteries or rechargeable batteries in household waste. As consumers, users are legally required to take used batteries to appropriate collection sites, the retail store where the batteries were purchased, or wherever batteries are sold. Disposal: Do not dispose of this instrument in household waste. The user is obligated to take end‐of‐life devices to a designated collection point for the disposal of electrical and electronic equipment.