Extech 42512 Dual Laser InfraRed Thermometer Features:
- Temperature range: -50 to 1000°C
- Resolution: 0.1°C
- Field of view 30:1
- Wide temperature range
- Display of Min./Max values
- Accurately, and fast temperature measurement
- Infrared thermometer for professionals
- Measurement in just 0.5 seconds
- At 30″ (76.2cm) distance two laser points converge to 1″ target spot
- 0.10 to 1.00 adjustable emissivity increases measurement accuracy for different surface
The Extech 42512 Dual Laser InfraRed Thermometer features a three-button keypad, allowing the user to select the mode required, i.e. max, min, emissivity and configurable high/low alarms. Adjustable emissivity allows the user to measure a variety of surface types.
The Extech 42512 has a clear, easy to read, custom LCD display that features a backlight for when ambient light levels are low. Each unit is housed in a robust IP54 splashproof case to help reduce the possibility of damage in harsh environments and is supplied in a protective ABS carrying case.
To optimize surface temperature accuracy:
- Determine the emissivity of the object to adjust the spectrum range of the instrument that can be used for measurement.
- Avoid reflection from other sources of temperature by thermally enveloping the object to be measured
- For high temperature objects, use smaller wavelength instruments when possible.
- For semi-transparent materials such as plastic films and glass, make sure that the bottom surface (behind the object) is uniform and below the temperature of the object.
- Hold the instrument perpendicular to the surface of the object when the emissivity is below 0.9.
- In all cases, do not exceed the 30 degree angle of incidence.
Extech 42512 Dual Laser InfraRed Thermometer Specifications:
|Laser Convergence Distance||30″ (76.2cm)|
|Range||-58 to 1832°F (-50 to 1000°C)|
|Repeatability||±0.5% or 1.8°F/1°C|
|Basic Accuracy||±(1% of rdg + 2°F/1°C)|
|Emissivity||0.10 to 1.00 Adjustable|
|Field of View (Distance to Target)||30:1|
|Dimensions||146 x 104 x 43mm|