REED ST-8839 Specifications
|Temperature Range||-58.0 to 1832°F (-50.0 to 1000°C)|
|Resolution||0.1 up to 200°; 1° over 200°|
|Accuracy||-50 to -20°C (-58 to -4°F): ±5°C (±9°F); -20 to 200°C (-4 to 392°F): ±1.5% of reading ±2°C (±3.6°F); 200 to 538°C (302 to 100°F): ±2.0% of reading ±2°C (±3.6°F); 538 to 1000°C (1000 to 1832°F): ±3.5% of reading ±5°C (±9°F);|
|Emissivity||Adjustable from 0.10 to 1.0|
|Response Time||Less than 1 second|
|Power Supply||1 x 9V alkaline battery|
|Dimensions||9 x 3.9 x 2.2″ (230 x 100 x 56mm)|
|Weight||10.2 oz (290g)|
REED ST-8839 Distance & Spot Size As the distance (D) from the object increases, the spot size (S) of the area measured by the unit becomes larger. The relationship between distance and spot size for each unit is listed below. The focal point for each unit is 914mm (36”). The spot sizes indicate 90% encircled energy Operating Instructions
1. Hold the meter by its handle grip and point it toward the surface to be measured
2. Pull and hold the trigger to turn the meter on and begin testing. The display will light if the battery is good. Replace the battery if the display does not light
3. While measuring, the SCAN display icon will appear in the upper left corner of the LCD
4. Release the trigger and the HOLD icon will appear on the LCD indicating that the reading is being held
5. The meter will automatically power off approximately 7 seconds after the trigger is released. Unless the unit is locked on.
Applications: Food preparation, safety and fire inspectors, plastic moulding, asphalt, marine and screen printing, measure ink and dryer temperature, HVAC/R, diesel, fleet maintenance and much more.