How to use Reed 8778 Heat Stress Meter
Start-up the meter Before taking any measurements slide down the Reed 8778’s sensor-protecting sheath and press the ON/OFF button to turn on the instruments. At this moment, all indicators on the LCD screen will flash during a quick self-test.
Select display mode As you already read above, this Reed Heat Stress Meter measures Air Temp (AT), Globe Temp (TG), Relative Humidity (RH) and calculates WBGT. Press the “MODE” button to select the measuring mode. An icon will appear on the top of the LCD screen to indicate the current operation mode.
IN/OUT switch To measure WBGT with or without direct Sun exposure, hold down the corresponding button for more than 1 second to switch. Either IN or OUT will then be displayed on the LCD screen indicating weather the unit is set for Indoor (no Sun) or Outdoor (full Sun) measuring.
Alarm Setting This 8778 Reed meter comes with an audible alarm feature to give warning for possible heat stress in the environment. When WBGT value reaches the alarm threshold, the value starts to blink and there is a continuous beep. The alarm stops when the measured value falls below the threshold or the meter is turned off. The alarm threshold is adjustable for different applications.
REED 8778 Specifications
- Air Temp. Range: 0.0 to 50.0°C (32 to 122°F)
- Accuracy: ±0.6°C (±1.1°F)
- Black Globe . Temp. Range: 0.0 to 80.0°C (32 to 176°F)
- Accuracy: ±1°C: 15 to 40°C, ±1.5°C: rest of range for indoor; . ±1.5°C: 15 to 40°C, ±2°C: rest of range for outdoor
- WBGT Temp. Range: 0.0 to 50.0°C (32 to 122°F)
- Resolution: 0.1°C (0.1°F)
- Humidity Range: 0 to 100% RH
- Accuracy: ±3% RH: 10 to 90% RH, ±5% RH: rest of range
- Resolution: 0.1% RH
- Operating Conditions: 0-50°C, 0-95%RH