REED R9600 Offers
- Salinity refractometers are useful for measuring the concentration of natural or artificial seawater in aquariums, holding tanks, and breeding ponds
- They can also be used for controlling the saltwater concentration when preparing pickles, measuring the concentration of saltwater used in rinsing and cooking sea products
REED R9600 Specifications
|0 to 28%
|Automatic Temperature Compensation Range
|10 to 30°C
1. Open the cover plate & place 2-3 drops of distilled water onto the prism surface, close the cover plate, press lightly & ensure the water spreads evenly across the whole surface area without air bubbles or dry sections. (wait 30seconds until the water adjusts to ambient temperature)
2. Hold towards light source & look into the eyepiece, if the boundary line between the upper blue field & the lower white field is not located exactly on the 0°C waterline, adjust the correcting screw until both lines meet.
3. Wipe the water from the prism with clean dry cloth & replace the rubber correcting screw cover. NOTE: under normal operating conditions the calibration only needs to be checked periodically
1. If the ambient temperature is not within the automatic temperature compensation range (10 – 30°C) the instrument must be calibrated before testing commences.
2. The prism must be cleaned thoroughly with a soft, clean damp cloth after each use – failure to do so will result in inaccurate readings & possible long term damage
3. The instrument must be kept in a dry clean environment to prevent condensation forming on the optical components
4. If used in accordance with the instructions & all warning are followed – the optical performance will remain constant & the instrument will give many years of reliable service.