How to use Reed GU-3001 DC/AC magnetic field meter
DC Magnetic Field Measurement Start using the Reed GU-3001 for DC magnetic field test by selecting the unit (mG or uT). For doing this, you will press the “Unit button”. For Zero Adjust press and hold the Zero Button until the screen displays a zero value and an “O” symbol. Press and hold the Zero Button again and the “O” symbol will disappear and the meter will return to showing the Environment’s magnetic field value. Whit the instrument ready to measure the environment magnetic value, hold the probe sensor on or close to the testing material. The Display will show the magnetic field value along with the unit (mG, uT).
AC Magnetic Field Measurement Switch to the AC the Measuring Mode by pressing the AC/DC Button. The meter is now in AC Magnetic Field Mode and the display will show a “AC” symbol.
Data Hold and Data Record (Max., Min. reading) During the measurement you can activate the Data hold function by pressing the Hold Button. Now the measured value will hold on the screen. Press the REC Button once, and a ”REC. MAX.” symbol along with the maximum value will appear on the display. Press the REC Button again, and a “REC. MIN.” symbol along with the minimum value will appear on the display.
REED GU-3001 Specifications
- Measuring Range: -3000 to 3000mG, -300 to 300μT
- Resolution: 0.1mG: -199.9 to 199.9mG; 1mG: ≥200 or ≤ -200mG; 0.01μT: -19.9 to 19.9μT 0.1μT: ≥20 or ≤ -20μT
- Accuracy: ±(2% + 2mG)
- Frequency Response: AC /DC: 40 Hz to 10 KHz
- Field Direction: Uniaxial
- Sampling Time: A pprox. 1 second
- Data Output: RS 232/USB computer interface
- Power Supply: UM3/AA (1.5 V) x 6 batteries
- Dimensions: Meter: 173 x 68 x 42mm;
- Probe: 177 x 29 x 17mm
- Weight: Meter: 350g (0.lb); Probe: 78g (0.17lb)