The compact Extech MO50 takes quick Moisture level reference measurements (in percent %) on wood and building materials. The Extech MO50 is simple to operate and offers measurement digits, audible tones and ‘moisture drop’ icons to indicate moisture level content. The Extech MO50 is ideal for building restoration projects and applications where moisture detection on floors and under carpets is critical. The Extech MO50 is a great tool for analyzing the after‐effects of water leakage behind walls and in ceilings.
Extech MO50 Moisture Meter Features:
- Displays moisture level in wood and building materials such as wall board, sheet rock, cardboard, plaster, concrete, and mortar
- Audible Alert – tone rate beeps faster as the moisture level increases
- Icons display low, medium and high levels of moisture content
- Easy-to-use, compact-sized design
- Data Hold freezes reading on display
- Built-in battery level check and measurement verification test
- Auto Power Off conserves battery power
- Complete with pins (4), protective cap, and 9V battery
Using the Extech MO50 Self Test cap Turn on the MO50 meter and set the meter to Wood or Building and press the electrode pins to the contacts on the top of the Protective/Test cap. Expected results: Wood: 17.0 to 19.0% Building: 15.5 to 17.5% If the meter reads outside of these measurements replace the batteries.
Display LCD with multi‐function indicators
Measurement type Relative Moisture Content (%)
Measurement principle Electrical resistance
Measurement indication Digital, Moisture Droplet icons (1, 2, or 3 droplets) and audible tone with 8 levels of intensity indicating low to high moisture readings
Low: 5% to 11.9%; Medium: 12% to 15.9%; High: 16 to 50%
Low: 1.5% to 16.9%; Medium: 17% to 19.9%; High: 20 to 33%
Accuracy ±3.0% for ambient conditions 22°C to 25°C
Electrode pin length 0.3” (8mm)
Electrode pin type Stainless steel. Integrated, replaceable
Auto Power OFF After approx. three (3) minutes
Power supply One (1) 9V Battery (rear compartment)
Consumption < 15mA
Low Battery indication When battery voltage is < 7.0VDC, approximately
Operating conditions 5~45°C (41~113°F); 80%RH max.
Storage conditions 0~50°C (32~122°F); 85%RH max.
Dimensions 170 x 65 x 30mm
Weight 120g without battery