How to use Reed SD-6020 Real Time Force Gauges
Measuring Compression, with the Reed SD-6200 Turn on the digital force gauge meter by pressing the Power Button. To select your desired measurements unit just push and hold the SET Button for 2 seconds to enter the “Advanced Setting” mode. Scroll through eight main functions and select “unit”. Press the Esc Button to exit and to return to normal functioning. Your adapter and the measuring object must be connected to the sensor and the measuring object should be in a straight line before you can start Zero adjust the meter by pushing Zero Button. Now, you can start measuring by giving force (push or pull) to the Sensor. The screen will display the Average reading value. To change the display direction, push the Reverse Button. This force measuring instrument are able to provide two kind sampling time of display, Fast and Slow. Push the Fast/Slow Button to switch between Fast and Slow Sampling.
Peak Hold Measurement For both of tension & compression operation, this Reed force meter can measure the peak value of the force. While taking the measurements, just press the “peak” button to change the meter into the Peak Hold Mode. The Display will show the “PEAK” indicator, and during measurement the Display will freeze on the Peak hold value.
Auto and Manual Datalogger Using the pull force gauge with auto data logger function, the set sampling time must be ≥1 second. During the force measurements, press the REC Button, and the “REC” symbol will appear on the LCD screen, then press the Logger Button, the “REC” symbol will flash while the measuring data and time information is being saved in memory. With the sampling time = 0 seconds you can use this force measuring instrument into Manual Dattalogger mode. Press the Logger Button, and the “REC” symbol will flash once and one Beep will sound, at the same time the measuring data along the time information will be saved in memory. The lower Display will show the position (record) number, which is saved as well.
Peak Hold Datalogger Before using this function, you must install this digital force gauge meter to the optional force test stand. Set the Zero value by pressing the Zero Button. Press the Logger Button and the screen will display “DATA RECORD” while the sampling time value in ms will appear on the bottom of the screen. The meter is now ready for Peak Hold Datalogging. With the applied force up to 0.2 Kg (1% full capacity) the measurement value and sampling period will save to the internal memory circuit in sequence. When the peak value is obtained, the indicator “DATA RECORD” will disappear, while the “PEAK” indicator and the Peak Value will remain. The bottom of the Display will show the data record number and count down to zero, while saving the data to the SD card.
REED SD-6020 Specifications
- Measuring Capacity: 20.00 kg/44.10 lb/196.12 N
- Resolution: 0.01 kg/0.01 lb/0.02 N
- Accuracy: ±(5% + 2 dgt.)
- Full Scale Deflection: 0.1mm max.
- Auto Sampling Time: 1 second to 9 hours
- Peak Hold: 10mS – 500mS
- Full Scale Deflection: 0.4mm Max
- Zero/Tare Control: Max full capacity
- Memory Card: SD memory card, 1 GB to 16 GB
- Data Output: USB/RS232 PC computer interface
- Operating Temperature: 0-50°C (0-122°F)
- Operating Humidity: Less than 85% R.H.
- Power Supply: UM3/AA (1.5 V) x 6 batteries
- Weight: 650g/1.43lb
- Dimensions: 215 x 90 x 45mm (8.5 x 3.5 x 1.8”)
- Includes: Flat-head adapter, Hook adapter, Cone head adapter, Chisel head adapter, 120mm extension rod, and one Carrying case
- Optional accessories: 2G SD Card (SD-2GB) . Test stand (FS-1001). Wedge grip (WG-01). USB cable (USB-01). RS232 cable (UPCB-01). Data Acquisition Software (SW-U801-WIN)