Fluke 440mA 1000V Fuse | DMM 44/100A
When an electrical short occurs while making a current measurement, the user relies upon the high-energy fuse in the test tool for protection. The Fluke 440 mA, 1000 V fuse is designed to keep the energy generated within the fuse enclosure, protecting the user from electric shock and burns.
This fuse limits the length of time energy is applied and the amount of oxygen available for combustion.
The Fluke 440 mA 1000 V high-energy fuse is sand-filled which helps absorb the shock energy created by the current overload. It also controls the potential high temperatures generated (up to 10,000 °F).
The energy created from an electrical short will melt the sand, turning it to glass. This helps smother a potential fireball by quickly cutting off the available oxygen, further protecting the user.
Fluke 440mA 1000V Fuse is used in the multimeters
- Fluke 1577 Insulation Multimeter
- Fluke 1587 FC Insulation Multimeter
- Fluke 177 True-RMS Digital Multimeter
- Fluke 179 True-RMS Digital Multimeter
- Fluke 27 II Rugged Digital Multimeter
- Fluke 28 II Ex Intrinsically Safe True RMS Digital Multimeter
- Fluke 28 II Rugged Digital Multimeter
- Fluke 287 True-RMS Electronics Logging Multimeter
- Fluke 289 True-RMS Data Logging Multimeter
- Fluke 3000 FC Series Wireless Multimeter
- Fluke 77 IV Digital Multimeter
- Fluke 787 ProcessMeter Digital Multimeter
- Fluke 787B ProcessMeter™
- Fluke 789 ProcessMeter™
- Fluke 83V Average Responding Industrial Multimeter
- Fluke 87V Industrial Multimeter
- Fluke 87V MAX True-RMS Digital Multimeter
- Fluke 88V Deluxe Automotive Multimeter
- Fluke BT508 Battery Analyzer
- Fluke BT510 Basic Battery Analyzer
- Fluke BT521 Advanced Battery Analyzer