Fluke 279 FC True RMS Thermal Multimeter helps you find, repair, validate, and report many electrical issues quickly so that you are confident problems are solved.
Locate the problem immediately
Thermal imaging multimeters are a first-line troubleshooting tool for electrical equipment that can check hot spots on high-voltage equipment and transformers, and detect heating of fuses, wires, insulators, connectors, splices and switches.
Scanning with the 279 FC’s thermal imager reveals many electrical issues rapidly and from a safe distance. By combining two tools into one, the thermal multimeter lightens the load and increases productivity.
Compatible with iFlex® (a flexible current clamp) to expand your measurement capabilities and get into tight, hard to reach spaces for current measurement (up to 2500 A AC).
The large full-color LCD screen makes for easier and clearer viewing of images and readings. The 10 hour rechargeable battery keeps you going all day long under normal conditions.
Communicate your results
With built-in Fluke Connect®, transmit results wirelessly to a smartphone and save time on reporting to validate work is complete.
Troubleshoot better by instantly trending and monitoring measurements live on your smartphone screen. Create and email reports right from the field.
FLUKE 279 FC highlights
• Full-featured multimeter with built-in thermal imager
• 15 measurement functions including: ac voltage with low-pass filter, dc voltage, resistance, continuity, capacitance, diode test, min/max/avg, ac current (with iFlex), frequency
• Thermal imaging reveals many electrical issues quickly and safely, eliminating the need for time-consuming testing and validation
• Two-in-one tool is designed to increase productivity–no need to go back to the truck or office to retrieve a shared camera or wait for the thermographer–do more in less time!
• iFlex expands your measurement capabilities – get into tight, hard to reach spaces for current measurement up to 2500 A ac.
• Save measurements and images while communicating wirelessly with a smart phone up to 20 feet (6.1m) away (no obstructions)
• Review saved images on the 279 FC before sharing with Fluke Connect. Save, delete, compare and share after viewing on the meter.
• Image resolution – 102×77
• 3.5 in (8.89cm) colour LCD screen
• Rechargeable lithium ion battery allows for a for a full work day (10 hours) under normal conditions ( FLUKE-279FC I/B model includes second battery; always have one in the meter, one in the charger)
• Three-year standard warranty
• Auto power off to save battery power
• CAT III 1000 V, CAT IV 600 V measurement category
• Optional accessories: Fluke i2500-10 or iFlex® Flexible Current Probes, Fluke BC500 AC Power Charger and Fluke BP500 Lithium-ion Battery 3000 mAh