(1) Battery Loading Remove the battery cover on the back and put in one 9V Battery.
(2) Battery Replacement When the battery voltage drops below the operating voltage, mark appears . lf it appears , battery should be replaced with new one.
(3) AC Adapter Connection When the AC adapter is used, insert the plug of the adapter into the DC9V connector on the side panel.
1 .Wind is blowing across the microphone would bring additional extraneous noise. Once using the instrument in the presence of wind, it is necessary to mount the windscreen to filte the undesirable signals.
2.Calibrate the instrument before operation if the instrument was not in use for a long time or operation at bad environment.
3.Do not store or operate the instrument at high temperature and high humidity environment.
4.Keep microphone dry and avoid severe vibration.
5.Please take out the battery and keep the instrument in low humidity environment.
When not in use
- Open battery cover and install a 9 Volt battery in battery compartment.
- Turn on power and select the desired response Time and weighting. lf the sound source consists of short bursts or only catching sound peak, set response to FAST. To measure average sound level, use the slow setting. Select A weighting for general noise sound level and C weighting for measuring sound level of acoustic material.
- Select the desired Level
- Hold the instrument comfortably in hand or fix on tripod and point the microphone at the suspected noise source, the sound pressure level will be displayed.
- When MAX/ MIN (maximum, minimum hold) mode is chosen. The instrument captures and holds the maximum and minimum noise level for a long period using any of the time weighting and ranges. Press the MAX/ MIN button 2 seconds to clear the MAX/MlN Reading. ‘ MAX’ or “MlN” symbol disappears.
- Turn OFF the instrument and remove battery when not in use