Fluke 1630 Ground Resistance Meter
Fluke 1630 Earth Ground Clamp Meter uses stakeless method to simplify ground loop testing
The clamp-on ground testing technique provided by the Fluke 1630 simplifies ground loop testing and enables non-intrusive leakage current measurement without breaking the circuit. Its compact and rugged design makes the Fluke 1630 easy to use in small places and harsh environments. Handy features like “display hold” and continuity testing with an audible alarm, ensures additional convenience.
Stakeless testing system
The Fluke 1630 uses the stakeless testing method, which eliminates the need to disconnect parallel ground rods and find suitable locations for placing auxiliary ground stakes. This saves time and enables users such as industrial and utility electricians, and field service electricians and contractors, to perform earth ground loop tests in locations where it is not possible to use other techniques, such as inside buildings or on power pylons.
With the stakeless testing method, earth ground stakes are no longer necessary. The Fluke 1630 Earth Ground Clamp is clamped around the earth ground rod or the connecting cable. A known voltage is induced by one half of the clamp and the current is measured by the other half. The tester automatically determines the ground loop resistance at this grounding connection.
Other useful capabilities:
- Provides a large jaw opening of 35 mm (1.38 in) for tests on ground conductors and/or equipotential bus bars
- Offers user-defined HI/LO Alarm limits for rapid measurement evaluation
- Includes a handy ‘display hold’ button to capture readings in hard-to-reach places
- Automatically records and stores measured values with time saving memory function
- Provides automatic self calibration to ensure correct measurements every time
- Provides overload protection to 200 A
- Delivers ≥ 8 hours battery life (continuous operation
- Comes with a carrying case and resistance test loop
Fluke 1630 Earth Ground Clamp Meter
- Rugged carrying case with shoulder strap
- Resistance test loop
- 9 V battery
- User’s manual