As a stand-alone solution, the BOSCH FSA 050 Hybrid Automotive Insulation Tester offers insulation and high-voltage testing for electric and hybrid drives quickly, displaying test measurements in the dual-digital display. As test module, the hand-held device is designed to connect wirelessly to an existing laptop, PC system or the Bosch FSA 740/720, displaying more comprehensive test results. It is also possible to download or print these results for the shop records or showing a customer the results.
BOSCH FSA 050 Hybrid Automotive Insulation Tester Features:
Equipped for professional diagnostics of electric and hybrid vehicles:
- Hand-held unit with radio connection to Windows operating systems*
- Testing of vehicles with electric and hybrid drive
- High-voltage tests
- Insulation tests
- Multimeter function: Voltage, resistance, capacity, continuity test
- Use as a standalone device
- Special accessories for FSA 500, FSA 720 / 740 / 760
- Wireless data transmission from FSA 050 to FSA 500, FSA 720 / 740 / 760 or Windows operating systems*
*System requirements: Windows XP SP2, Windows VistaTM Home Premium, Windows VistaTM Business, Windows 7
BOSCH FSA 050 Hybrid Automotive Insulation Tester Specifications:
Included with the FSA 050:
Safety Precautions when using the BOSCH FSA 050 Hybrid Automotive Insulation Tester
Hybrid electric vehicles have high-voltage components. Use this tool on hybrid vehicles only if:
- You are trained in high-voltage electrical system repair on hybrid electric vehicles.
- You have read and follow the OEM manufacturers approved hybrid electric vehicle service procedures due to the high voltages in hybrid vehicles
- You are using the CAT III / 1000V rated leads included with this kit.
- You are wearing proper protective gear, including Class 0 Type 1 electric service gloves that are free from defects/faults and that meet ASTM D120 standards and protect up to 1000 Volts AC / 1500 Volts DC.
Failure to follow these steps could result in shock or electrocution, causing severe injury or death.