FLUKE NETWORKS CABLEIQ™ QUALIFICATION TESTER
The Fluke CableIQ finds common cable faults and data rate.
Cables often fail in harsh industrial environments where cables are exposed to vibration, extreme flexing, moisture, expansion and contraction from temperature change.
Failures result in costly production downtime so it’s important to quickly identify where the cable is broken so it can be replaced or repaired. CableIQ checks continuity on all wires displays results graphically so you can see opens, shorts, and cross wires and reports the distance to an open connection within the cable.
It also checks if the cable can support data rates.
Fluke CIQ-100 CableIQ™ Features:
- Copper qualification tester troubleshoots and qualifies Ethernet network cabling speed (10/100/1000/VoIP)
- Works on live networks to provide Ethernet switch detection and device configuration
- Measure network capacity (10 Meg, 100 Meg, 1 Gig) to determine support for VoIP, data and video
- Advanced troubleshooting diagnostics; insertion loss, cross talk, noise issues
- Core troubleshooting features; length, distance to fault, graphical wire mapping, opens, shorts, power over Ethernet (POE) detection
- Tests all copper cabling media: twisted-pair, coax, and audio
- Qualifies and troubleshoots Industrial Ethernet cabling
Fluke CIQ-100 CableIQ™ Specifications:
- Cable types supported: UTP, STP, FTP, SSTP, RG6, RG59, audio and security
- Qualification autotests: 1000BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 10BASE-T, VoIP, 1394b S100, TELCO, Wiremap only, Coax
- Supported tests: Wiremap, length, cable signal performance, digital toner, analog toner, Ethernet port detection and identification, analog telephone detection, blink port light, continuity, speaker test, cable fault finding, video signal detection.
- Wiremap: Can detect single wire faults and supports MultiMap mode with up to seven remote office identifiers. Draws proportional wire length to breaks. Detects split pairs
- Find fault: Measures crosstalk and impedance and compares against appropriate limits based on qualification test selected. Detects location of large point sources as well as distributed sources in the cabling if they are sufficient to disqualify the application
- Results storage: Up to 250 qualification test results
- Power: Battery type: 4 AA (NEDA 15A, IEC LR6) alkaline batteries
- Battery life: 20 hours of typical use, without backlight
- Other battery types supported: 4AA photo lithium, NIHM, NICAD
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 178mm x 89mm x 45mm
- Weight: 0.55kg