Precision source for calibrating process devices and measuring DC process signals Extech 412300A allows you to measure and source current readings simultaneously whivh can be beneficial to a many people who regularly complete jobs involving measuring current. The Extech 412300A Current Calibrator/Meter is an oyster flip device made easier to use by its ability to be stood up on a bench or workspace. For added ease of use coupled with the oyster flip case of this measuring current device, it also comes with a detachable strap that can be hung around your neck leaving you completely hands free to undertake other tasks at the same time. Extech 412300A has also been programmed with five preset calibration values for fast calibration calculations in the field for efficient working. The memory feature provides the user with five (5) user programmable source values for stepped calibration outputs. The feature is available for mA and % units in the SOURCE mode. The stored values are kept in non-volatile memory (memory that is retained even after power is removed from the calibrator).
Source from the stored memory values:
1. Select the Source mode as described earlier
2. Press the MEM button. The M1 icon (memory location 1) will appear in the display and the value stored in that location will be displayed and sourced.
3. Repeated pressing of the MEM button will step through the 5 memory locations. NOTE: The “SOURCE” icon will blink when the output value has not reached a stable level. The common cause for the “SOURCE” icon to remain blinking is that the load impedance is too high in the current mode.
Storing values into memory:
1. As described above, select and display a memory location (M1, 2, 3, 4, or 5)
2. Use the ▲ ▼buttons to adjust the display to the desired source value.
3. Press and hold the MEM button for > 2 seconds. The displayed value will be stored in the displayed memory location. Default memory values. Five common source values are permanently programmed in memory as the default values. These values can be replaced by user selected values.
To reset the meter to the default memory values:
1. Turn the meter on and select the SOURCE mode.
2. Press and hold the POWER button until appears in the display and then release the POWER button. The memory locations will revert to the default values. Default Memory Values M1 M2 M3 M4 M5 are 4mA, 8mA, 12mA, 16mA, 20mA (0% 25% 50% 75% 100%).
Extech 412300A Specifications: