Reed R8801 Voltage/Current Calibrator
The precision Reed R8801 Current/Voltage Calibrator measures current loop signals and voltage output process signals with great accuracy. Reed R8801 can be used to calibrate meters, thermocouple indicators, data loggers, for signal injection, semiconductor characterisation, or as a backing off source.
Reed R8801 Features.
- Measure loop current (0-22 mA) signals with very high accuracy of 0.03% and 0.001 mA resolution
- Measure voltage output process signals from PLCs, transmitters
- Source or simulate 22 mA loop current
- Source voltage to 20V
- 24V loop supply with simultaneous current measurement
- Ramp output function
- USB computer interface
- Test Leads
- USB Cable and Software
- Carrying Case
Authorised Australian Distributor
REED R8801 Specifications
- Current Range 0 to 22mA – Current Resolution 0.001mA
- Current Accuracy ±(0.03% f.s. + 2 dgt.)
- Voltage Range 0 to 20V – Voltage Resolution 0.001V
- Voltage Accuracy ±(0.03% f.s. + 2 dgt.)
- Loop Power Supply 24VDC
- Loop Power Accuracy ±10%
Power Supply Single 9V battery
Dimensions 193 x 96 x 47mm – Weight 450g
REED R8801 Auto Power Off The meter will automatically turn off after 5 minutes of inactivity. Press the Power and Voltage button at the same time to turn off the Auto Power Off function.
REED R8801 Battery Replacement To view the current battery voltage press the Power and Voltage buttons. The voltage of the battery will appear on the LCD. If the voltage is below 5.6V the low battery icon will appear indicating you will need to change the batteries.
1. Turn off the meter and unplug any test leads.
2. Unscrew and remove the back cover.
3. Replace the battery and put the back cover back on. Be sure it is secured properly before turning the meter back on.
REED R8801 Software
1. While the meter is on, connect the USB cable to the port on the meter and a computer.
2. Insert and install the included software on the computer.
3. When connected to a computer the buttons on the meter will lock, indicated on the LCD screen.