REED LM-81AM Compact Wind Anemometer
REED Compact Wind Anemometer: instrument description
Sometimes called wind speed or air velocity meter, the Reed LM-81AM is a lightweight and compact vane anemometer especially designed for one hand operation. Based on his data logging function, LM-81AM was designed to store data measurements for a later review.
Reed LM-81AM is a digital and compact wind anemometer that provides precise wind speed readings. Data record function is available for this instrument as well as record (Max/Min) values.
- Measuring Units: m/s, kph, mph, fpm and knots
- Data hold, Record (Max/Min)
- Integral vane design for one hand operation
- Push button operation
Ideal for the following applications: HVAC and Refrigeration Servicing, Measure of Open Flow, Detecting Blockage in Filters, Condensers and Chillers.
REED LM-81AM Instruction manual
Authorised Australian Distributor
REED LM-81AM Specifications
|0.2 to 30.0 m/s||0.1 m/s|
|1.4 to 108.0 kph||0.1 kph|
|0.9 to 67 mph||0.1 mph|
|80 to 5910 fpm||1 fpm|
|0.8 to 58.3 knots||0.1 knot|
- Display: 8 mm LCD display Operating Humidity: Max. 80% RH Operating Temperature: 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F)
- Power Supply: 006P DC 9V battery (heavy-duty type)
- Power Consumption: Approx. DC 17 mA Weight: 160g (battery included)
- Dimensions: 156 x 60 x 33mm (6.14 x 2.36 x 1.29”)
- Optional Accessories: Soft carrying case (CA-52A) REED LM-81AM
- Operating Instructions
- Power on the instrument by pressing the Power Button
- Press the Unit Button to select unit that you want and then face the Air Flow Sensor to the source of wind
- Allow time for reading to become stable and note the value indicated.
REED LM-81AM Auto Power Off
In order to prolong the battery life, the instrument has an “Auto Power Off” function. The meter will switch off automatically if no buttons are pressed for around 10 minutes. REED LM-81AM Battery Replacement When the left corner of the LCD display shows the low battery symbol, this indicates that replacement of the battery is then needed. However measurements could still be taken for another few hours before the meter becomes inaccurate.
1. Open the Battery Cover at the back of the meter and remove the battery
2. Replace with a 9V battery (alkaline or heavy-duty type) and reinstall the cover
REED LM-81AM Hold Function Pressing the Hold Button will freeze the current value with a “HOLD” symbol on the display. Press again to release the hold function